Summer went by super fast this year with all that we had going on, including an earthquake and hurricane in August. I still can't believe we had an Earthquake! The day before the hurricane was to make land fall in our area, I decided to take the kids and I to Roanoke in case we lost power and boy was I happy we did! We lost power on Saturday and didn't get it back on til the next Thursday. We stayed with my mom and dad for that time period and I think by the end of the visit they were happy to see us go. Considering Kyla was still not happy with anyone holder her but me, so it got old really fast! Kingston had a blast hanging out with his cousin's and seeing Uncle Brian out of the hospital. Kyla and I also got to see her new cousin Chloe on the Bean side. They didn't get to bond much, but I bet they are going to be close friends! Poor Chad had to deal with no power and being home alone for those days. But at least he had work everyday to keep him busy.
Now we are in the middle of fall. Things have settled down and we have gotten into a pretty good routine now that Kingston is in pre-school. He is having a great first full year of school this year and really likes his teacher. She said that he is a good kid and very social. (Can't imagine where he gets that from?) He still LOVES his sister very much and ends up being her entertainment alot of times which is funny to watch and so sweet. She just lights up when she sees him. He wants to hold her ALL the time.
Kyla is growing like a weed and is now up to 15 lbs. She has gotten alot better with letting other people hold her other than me. Thank gosh! She can sit supported really well in her bumbo chair and loves to grab things and try to put them in her mouth. She is getting really talented with almost getting her paci in her mouth too. All around she is a really sweet and happy baby. She smiles at everyone, and will talk to anyone who will listen to her babbling. And she is also teething really bad too! She already has a couple of toys that she loves and just laughs and squeals when we dangle them in front of her. One of them is a kitty cat that meows and squeaks that she loves the most and will smile so big when she sees it.
Chad and I are doing well, he has been working hard as usual and has been qualified for Apex's annual Founders Club company trip. So my butt literally has been hitting the gym to lose the baby weight by February to go to the Bahama's.
Here are some pictures of the end of summer going into fall. I will post some more very soon of our fall activities.
1 Month picture. (When Kingston was a baby I took his picture every month with a big chicken to show his growth. So now Kyla has a hippo.)
Tummy time for Kyla. Kingston thought he would keep her company
.
No comments:
Post a Comment