The Beans

The Beans

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lewis Ginter

A couple of weeks ago, Kingston and I went to Lewis Ginter on a nice warm Monday morning with some friends of ours and had a blast! The flowers were in full bloom and even though some of the pictures of the flowers are pretty, it doesn't compare to what it looks like in person walking in there. We headed over to the children's area after "tip toeing through the tulips" and played in a huge tree house, then played in a huge sand box. I would have taken some pictures of the sand box activities, but Kingston was having too much fun throwing the sand, dumping it and flinging it on other kids. Plus, pouring it on himself too! So needless to say I didn't have a chance to grab a camera, because I was trying to stop him alot. And he still has sand coming out of the pants he wore that day after like three washes already! No joke! Ha ha ha....











First flower shot. Just getting warmed up.






Another flower shot.



This one looks really pretty when you zoom in once and just get the flowers.




Tulips and some purple flowers.







Playing in the tree house.




We tried to get Kingston and Jackson to turn around and hug to take a picture... this is what we got. They look like they are planning an escape!







Pretty pond shot.



Pinwheels and more pinwheels.





It took every bit of my energy preventing Kingston from running into the sea of pinwheels. He did pick a couple out, but I kindly put them back in perfect order. =) That's the tree house in the back ground and Jackson too... ha ha




I gave him food thinking I could prevent him from 1.) running into the pond, 2.)running through the pinwheels, or 3.) pulling out all the pinwheels.





This one red tulip was the only one among all the yellow ones for some reason.




Pretty flowers.





This is my favorite shot! Do these look like orange and maroon to you?!?!? Or am I just biased....
Go Hokies Forever!






Same day, just later at home. Someone didn't take a nap this day for some reason, so he was in a crazy mood. Here he is showing off while wearing daddy's shoes and hat.





My little boy is getting so big!














1 comment:

  1. We had fun that day! Thanks for sharing some of your awesome pictures... you'll probably see them again on my blog when I get around to posting them... :)

    ReplyDelete